Take back the streets
Once again we're taking to the streets of Hamilton. This time we're ripping thought the autumnal foliage the Sunday after Thanksgiving to find 4 more clues and unlock the finish line.
STEEL CITY ALLEYCAT II saw almost 100 riders on all different types of bikes. From E-bikes, tandem bikes, fixed-gear bikes, Sobi bikes, and even a recumbent bike. Over 350 clues entered into the race site with 68 teams or individuals finishing the race. The raddest riders got t-shirts, 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place got spoke cards.
STEEL CITY ALLEYCAT 3 will be the same format with 4 new clues and a new finish line.
An Alleycat is like a bike race, but more like a scavenger hunt for locations in Hamilton.
A short documentary about the origins of the Alleycat Race in Toronto:
Start time is at Noon on October 16th, 2022.
How to sign up
You don’t sign up.
How it works
- Race goes live at 12:00 Noon on Sunday October 16th, 2022.
- Go to the Race Site → https://race.steelcityalleycat.com
- You’ll see a list of 4 clues. For example: BANDSHELL
- Go to the clue location
- Find the race marker with the code. It will look like this:
- Input the code into the Race Site → https://race.steelcityalleycat.com
- Answer all four questions to unlock the finish line clue
- Go to the finish line and type the last code into the Race Site → https://race.steelcityalleycat.com to get an official time
The start line
There isn’t a start line for this race. You can start from anywhere. The clues will become available on the Race Site → https://race.steelcityalleycat.com at exactly 12:00 noon on Sunday October 16th, 2022.
The bounds for the clues and finish line will be down the Mountain, East of Dundurn, and West of Ottawa.
The finish line will be unlocked after you complete all four clues. To finish the race and get an official time, you have to type in the final code at the finish line.
- Spoke cards and bragging rights for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place
- Tshirts for the raddest riders
- Ride safe
- Have fun
- Friendly competition only. The prize is a fucking piece of paper, so relax.
- ONLY human powered travel is allowed.
- No Sharing Clues. You can ride as a team, but you can't split up. I'll know.
- If you're on a team, use only one phone.
- Ride safe.
- The winner is the first person or team to input the code from the finish line into the Race Site → https://race.steelcityalleycat.com. Remember you can only do that after you’ve unlocked all four clues.
Do I have to do the clues in order?
No, you don’t have to do the clues in order, but you have to get them all to unlock the finish line.
What do I need to bring?
- A charged smartphone with data
- A fast bike
- Good mood, Bad attitude
What if I can’t figure out a clue?
Or Google it, they won’t be that hard.